Akira Health Inc. is an accountable care organization (ACO) developed under the Affordable Care Act that provides high-quality care to Medicare patients. The main goals of an ACO structure are to enhance the quality and effectiveness of care delivered while improving efficiency.
Must have a high school diploma or GED and possess a medical assistant certification with at least 1 year of work experience. Proficiency in Spanish or Vietnamese required.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The medical assistant case manager works with the patient's primary care provider, Akira Health's interdisciplinary team and on-site medical director to provide telephonic care coordination to non-acute chronically-ill patients. The medical assistant case manager works in collaboration with Akira Health's interdisciplinary team to ensure execution of patient care plans and improve quality of patient care. This position is accountable to the Case Management Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides telephonic case management
- Mobilizes clinical resources to deliver the right patient care at the right time
- Uses internet-based case management portal for scheduling, case review, and documentation of all encounters (training provided)
- Communicates treatment plan or changes in treatment plan with the patient's primary care physician and Akira Health's interdisciplinary team
- Reports and documents acute patient symptom to a nurse case manager promptly so that proper assessments and protocols are executed
- Participates in weekly interdisciplinary team meeting to discuss case management processes involving patient care
- Assists the case management team in care coordination which entail providing proper referrals to agencies, ordering labs and tests, providing community resources as well as access to transportations.
- Performs other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Organization and coordination skills
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to adapt quickly to changes
Ability to evaluate and develop, implement and modify care plans
Must have familiarity with medical terminologies
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is largely sedentary.
If you're interested in one of our open positions, start by applying here with the role you want and attaching your resume.